Important Sports Information For Parents
Pinellas Preparatory Academy is proud to offer several extracurricular sports teams for our students. Joining a sports team is a privilege and as such parents and students need to be aware of several important things when considering a sports team.
- Schedules - Written schedules are given in the mandatory parent meeting at the beginning of the season. Schedules are also on our schools website at Pinellasprep.org. Please refrain from contacting the office for schedules. Practices and games are mandatory. If students are absent or unable to be at a practice or game please contact the coach by email. On practice days students are to go to carline until 3:00 then report to the appropriate meeting place appointed by the coach. On game days coaches will instruct players as to the correct protocol.
- Information Packets- Given out at the mandatory parent meeting. Information packets include permission slips, calendars, insurance and volunteer forms. All forms must be returned at the parent meeting.
- Fees- There is a $75 non-refundable fee for sports. Players will not receive a uniform or be allowed to play in games until this obligation has been met. Students who quit a team or are removed from a team for academic or behavioral concerns will not receive a refund. Students who quit a team may not be considered for future teams. Students will be placed in aftercare and charged a fee if their ride is more than 15 minutes late.
- Uniforms – Uniforms are the property of the school and must be returned at the end of each season. Players are expected to wear their uniforms on game days. Players will be responsible for reimbursing the school for lost or damaged uniforms.
- Academics- Athletes are required to maintain a C or above in all of their classes. Grades are checked weekly. If players have below a C they will be placed on academic probation and not allowed to play in games until their grade is a C or above. Players are required at practices and games while on probation.
- Behavior – If a student receives a COA they may be required to sit out of the next game. An athlete may be removed, suspended, or disciplined for referrals or school suspensions. Coaches, players, and attending guests are representatives of PPA. Please maintain sportsmanship and appropriate behavior at school athletic functions. If there are disagreements with coaches, please address the coach in private.
- General –Upon making a team, players are required to have a sports physical. Players must be signed out by their own parent after practices and games. Players may not ride or leave with friends without prior notice give to the coach. Siblings and classmates can’t attend practices unless supervised by an adult.
- If you have questions regarding a sport please use the following guideline to address the appropriate Athletic Director: